Monday, September 21, 2009

A Little Lesson for U.S. Men (Richmond, VA)

Ok, guys. "Nice" is not the correct answer when your wife, girlfriend, significant female other, or mother asks you how she looks. "Nice" describes wallpaper. "Nice" is the same as "okay" or "good," and neither of those responses is good enough.

Here are some possibilities for you: Beautiful, great, gorgeous, fabulous, incredible, fantastic, phenomenal, unbelievable, etc. Get the picture?

Use one of these, but not for your mom: Sexy, delicious... You get the idea, don't you?

Take your choice and say it with sincerity, enthusiasm, and conviction and with the appropriate body language and facial expressions.

Additional instructions:

Don't use the same word every time.

Don't wait until she asks. When she appears, make your face light up and say: 'You look fantastic!' or something similar. Believe me, you'll look better to her.

I tell you this because, for the first time that I can remember, a US-American guy told me (out of nowhere): "You are so beautiful." It made my day, maybe even my month. It might have been complete BS, but man, it felt not good, not nice, but fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment